It’s a well known fact that if you want great looking skin you are going to have to do way more than protect it and care for it externally. The old adage “You are what you eat” is indeed, quite true, especially when we are talking about skin care. There are many healthy foods you can eat that can improve skin conditions as well as promote glowing, beautiful skin!
These super foods will ensure your skin and overall health remain optimal!
1. Lemons: This super food has some amazing benefits. Lemons are brimming with antioxidants from the high Vitamin C concentrations they contain. These antioxidants destroy free radicals that would otherwise bring about the early signs of aging in your skin. These same antioxidants help in encouraging the production of collagen, which is essential for keeping wrinkles at bay.
2. Dark Organic Chocolate: Dark chocolate contains powerful antioxidants in the form of flavanols. The best kind of dark chocolate should be at least 60% cocoa or higher. This super food help tremendously in dealing with inflamed skin and puffiness, oh and it’s delicious too!
3. Yogurt: Yogurt helps in balancing the digestive tract, thanks to the inclusion of live cultures and probiotics. When your gut is healthy, your skin will be healthy and clear as an unhealthy gut causes toxins to emerge through the skin in the form of blemishes and inflammatory conditions such as eczema. In some instances, applying the yogurt to the skin can prove helpful in dealing with skin irritations. This is particularly true if the skin irritation is caused by a condition known as Candidiasis. Eating yogurt also helps to ensure your skin remains soft and supple.
4. Green Tea: This popular beverage really needs to be included in the list of five super foods because it improves metabolic processes, serves as an anti-inflammatory agent by diminishing inflammation, and it also helps fend off damage from free radicals. Add a squeeze of lemon for a delicious citrusy twist with extra antioxidant power!
5. Walnuts: Walnuts are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, which are necessary for beautiful, glowing and plump skin Omega 3 helps to ensure the skin remains flexible and it maintains the elasticity of the skin. Eating this super food daily will also help keep your complexion smooth and blemish free!